Books to your Door
Recent information has identified part of the Upper Hutt Central Library building as earthquake prone.
In the interest of staff and public safety we have closed the building.
Services have been affected, and some of the information on this site may no longer be up to date.
For updates please check:
upperhuttcity.com | facebook.com/UpperHuttCityCouncil
upperhuttlibrary.co.nz/latest-news | facebook.com/UpperHuttCityLibrary | twitter.com/UHLibrary
You can now request library material online or over the phone to be delivered to your door with our new paid book delivery service.
Who: Upper Hutt City Library members – if you are not a member you can join here
What: Any item from our collection that is available for loan, excluding Ukuleles
How: You can request home delivery by phone or by filling out the form below
- The loan period begins when the item is issued at Central Library
- Check our Borrowing page for further details
- All items can be renewed once, either online by visiting your account or by calling the library
- Allow 2 working days for the items to arrive, if the items are immediately available at the Central Library
- If items must be sourced from Pinehaven or the Mobile Library allow a minimum of 3 working days
- The Upper Hutt City Library takes no responsibility for items arriving late due to delayed courier delivery
Return of Items
- Items will come with an issue slip giving the due date
- The return of library items by or before the due date to one of our Library branches is your responsibility
- $1 per item plus
- $6 delivery within the urban Hutt Valley for one A3 satchel (which holds up to 5kg or about 3-5 books depending on their size) or $10 delivery for rural Upper Hutt and the rest of New Zealand
- Related rental fees apply (for more information on borrowing)
Charges will be placed on your library card and can be paid for online or will need to be paid the next time you visit the Library
Normal overdue charges will apply of $0.50c per day for adult items