Digital Magazines are available through the RBdigital platform (previously Zinio for Libraries). Users can create an account, issue magazines, get notifications when the next issue is available and best of all the magazine is for keeps! There are no return dates and no overdues.
You will need:
- Your library card and password
- An RBdigital account (this can be created after logging in HERE (You can log-in with your existing Zinio account if you are already purchasing magazines through Zinio)
- The RBdigital or Zinio apps – available for Android, iOS, Windows 8 and Kindle Fire
- Internet connection for downloading and syncing magazine titles
In your Internet browser:
- If you are a first time user, you will need to create an account with RBdigital
- You will first need to authenticate yourself with your library card and password
- You will need to create an account by clicking on CREATE NEW ACCOUNT. Enter your details as per the screen (name, email, password)
- Search or browse magazine titles and when you have found one you like click on the title to check out
- You will get a detailed screen about the title and you will be able to choose “keep browsing” or “stream magazine” (this will allow you to read the magazine in your browser)
- There will also be a tick box option to subscribe to notifications for future issues – you will receive email notifications when the next issue is available for download.
- If you want to view them on your mobile device you will need to get the RBdigital or Zinio apps from google play or appstore. You will need to login with the account you have created and your library details.
To read in the RBdigital app:
- Log in with your RBdigital account (email address and RBdigital password) and library barcode
- Your app will sync with your account and the magazine will be available to read on the app (this can a varying amount of time to load depending on the file size and internet connection).
- Once downloaded you will be able to read the magazine without an internet connection
If you are using the Zinio app (which will allow you to purchase magazines) you can add library titles to it.